CAFÉ TAC invites you to attend a free webinar on how family members of youth and adults with mental health conditions can effectively support their family member’s recovery and improve whole family wellness.
This webinar, What’s this Recovery, Wellness and Well-Being Thing? How to Support Yourself and Your Family Member, will be hosted by two family peers and family mental health experts, Kirsten Drybrough and Charlotte Sytnyk from Robyn Priest Live Your Truth and All IN Families. They will share essential lessons they have learned on their own family journey, and in their work supporting parents and families of youth and adults with mental health conditions.
This webinar is scheduled for Wednesday, September 29th at 2:00 PM ET / 1:00 PM CT / 12:00 PM MT / 11:00 AM PT. Please join us!
For some people living with a serious mental health condition, their relationships with their families have been difficult, marked by misunderstanding or resentment. Too often, family members’ desire to help and fix things can feel coercive to people in distress, and create distance and frustration instead of healing. What if there’s a better way?
Instead of unsuccessfully trying to get a family member in distress to engage in treatment, blaming themselves, and feeling guilty, families can empower their family members to find the recovery path that works for them, provide support that meets their needs, and make life better for everyone involved. Attend this webinar to find out how!
You will gain an understanding of:
- The reality that what is happening with your youth or adult child in your identified family is not a result of a parenting failure.
- How to let go of the shame, blame, and social measuring stick.
- How to stop trying to fix, save, and solve, and start supporting resiliency & empowerment.
- The importance of your self-care and your own recovery.
- Looking at the part YOU play in your family mental health journey and how YOU can rewrite the family mental health story.
Do you want to empower your family member’s wellness and recovery? Join us for this essential conversation to learn how!